A Personal Progress Blog

Welcome to my Blog everyone. Operation Scorpio is an online journal I created to keep tabs on my progress in 3 different fronts - Health, Music, Romantic. My goal is to excel in each category by the next Scorpio calendar period in 2010, hence the title :). I want to look back and witness the long road I've followed. Hopefully if I do succeed, I can inspire those with similar goals like mine! Enjoy

Monday, November 23, 2009

Op Scorp- The Beginning. 11/23/2009

As I start this project, I will format each week's post into three different sections:

WORKOUT

Today will be the start of my new weight loss plan. From here on out, I'm going to try and control portions to about 1000 calories a day during my rapid weight loss plan.

Exercise - Since I'm now on thanksgiving break, I plan on doing two hours of cardio every day. Cardio of choice - taekwondo stretches and DDR

My end goal is to feel great about the way I look, and be in strong enough shape to pick up where I started in Taekwondo; rejoining and going from my brown belt to my black belt.

MUSICAL

Ever since I was 13, I've always wanted to play guitar, and play it good. I currently own a Fender Stratocaster and know some rough riffs of a few songs like knights of cydonia, one, paradise city, machine head, right now, and ironman.

My plan here is to practice guitar each day for atleast 30 minutes; varying from chords, to scales, to songs. The song I'm currently working on getting down is Paradise city. I'm hoping by next november I'll be confident enough in my ability that I can truly follow my aspiration of playing in a band, regardless of success

ROMANCE

Here it is, the ultimate goal I would like to work on. My entire life I've lacked the confidence to approach women, yet alone attempt to attract them to me. It's a large part of my life that I've been unsatisfied with for so long, and my ultimate goal of this project is to meet someone special or atleast be very confident and experienced on all turfs of dating from the courting to the physical/emotional.

So far I really begun working on this since past fall. In other words, this is my first true year in all my life that I've begun dating. I grew up in a very conservative household and unlike other kids, my Dad didn't teach me how to talk to girls or how to attract them. My peers growing up didn't have much success on this front either.

As of fall I've dated 7 girls. I'll track each and what went wrong:
-Kim - Nice girl, however slightly overweight. I was not attracted to her
-Ashley - Nice girl, but Clingy. I was attracted to her to a degree, but cut communication with her due to several things she revealed about her life: having a daughter, being married, and leaving to deployment soon.
-Kaila - Met her online, looked nothing like her pictures. We got along great, but I was not attracted to her physically in the least.
-Julia - Beautiful intelligent girl I met in my French class. Unfortunately, although I was attracted to her, she didn't feel the same. Issues: I was slightly intimidated and uncomfortable by her beauty (sad as that sounds), split the lunch bill (ugh), and said some jumpy things due to my lack of comfort.
-Gerrica - Beautiful girl who I was very attracted to, albeit bitchy. I felt a strong connection with her and physical comfort was well established on the first date. However, it didn't go past that. My guess? Same as what happened with Kaila and Kim but reversed - she was not physically attracted to me.
-Jaymi - Looked nothing like her pictures, was insecure about her looks, and is a virgin. Constantly commented on her looks post meeting saying I 'must've expected someone much hotter'. Eh, I can't control what you choose to sell yourself as online, but in the end it's your RL image that matters. That blunder was her fault, not mine.
-Katie - Beautiful girl, although on our date she seemed very physically reserved. Possible issue - not physically attracted. Was denied a 2nd date.

7 blunders in a row, but hey, I grew a very thick skin in the process, began dating progressively more attractive women i've felt attracted/comfortable with. I currently plan to read what I can via different sources just to try and catch up on the many years of dating and communication with women I've missed on in my life.

My plan: date, date, and date some more. Be riskier interms of flirting and physical contact (im talking holding hands, etc) on first dates to build attraction. Read what resources I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment